Plastic Surgery for Scars: Can You Really Hide Your Injuries the Cosmetic Way?
Scar removal procedures can often minimize the appearance of scars that can never be completely removed. Plastic surgery can remove older and deeper scars that cannot be removed from any non-surgical methods such as chemical peeling, injectable fillers, lasers and light therapy, etc. Scar can occur for various reasons such as by accident, childhood acne birthmark and even from some malicious intent. Every person wants to have a blemish and scar-free body, however, no scar can be completely erased but with the help of plastic surgery it becomes less visible. Many scars go away with the passage of time but some become itchy or thick for such scars surgical procedure is needed by an experienced plastic surgeon.
Types of Scars
Some of the types of scars are Keloids that extends beyond the edges of the original incision or wound and are itchy and painful. These types of scars mostly appear on shoulders, face, chest, ears and neck. Developed at the site of a wound another type of scar is Hypertropic scar that appears as thick clusters of scar tissue. Third and last type of scar is contractures which during healing restrict the movement when underlying tissue and skin pull together. As injuries from burn look awful plastic surgery can make them look a lot better as the treatment include special techniques to cure the wounds.
What are the Types of Plastic Surgery?
- The most popular type of plastic surgery is Botox that gives a smooth appearance to the skin by injecting protein into it.
- Another type of plastic surgery is breast augmentation.
- One of the most popular types of plastic surgery is liposuction that can be done on both men and women.
- Some of the surgical cosmetic procedures are face lifts, liposuction, rhinoplasty or nose job, breast augmentation and eyelid surgery.
- Some of the non-surgical procedures are laser hair removal, hyaluronic acid injections, chemical peel, Botox and microdermabrasion.
Can Plastic Surgery Really Help in Removing Scars?
Scars can be removed by plastic surgery. Though not completely, it can make it less visible. Patients who have undergone plastic surgery recently than a year have to undergo a healing stage. After the completion of the healing stage scar will continue to fade away and reach a point when it is barely noticeable. Healing of scars also depends on an individual’s diet such as eating vitamins, minerals, zinc, protein, iron; etc can heal the scar in a far better way. Through plastic surgery one can heal many types of scars and can get satisfying results.